WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Uploaded.to thinks I'm still DLing

Posted by st.germaine 
Uploaded.to thinks I'm still DLing
March 28, 2010 02:59PM
I've had this problem a couple of times but the previous solutions haven't worked this time and I need some other suggestions.

While DLing a file from UL through FRD, we had a power interruption. When I started FRD again, for UL files in the queue I'm getting nothing but error messages stating "Your IP address is already downloading a file. Please wait until the download is completed." All other downloads are operating as expected*. On the previous occasions shutting down the computer and/or the router has resolved the situation. In this case the computer was off over night and even rebooting the router had no effect.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to resolve this issue? I'm running Linux OpenSUSE 11.2 if that might impact any suggestions.

*except extabit and it's captcha issues but I see from other posts that this is a known problem that may have been resolved and is unrelated to this issue
Re: Uploaded.to thinks I'm still DLing
March 28, 2010 03:25PM
If it also happens when you're trying to download with your web browser, it has nothing to do with FRD. It's just that the Uploading server thinks there's a download in progress from your IP.
Re: Uploaded.to thinks I'm still DLing
March 28, 2010 03:55PM
It does and I already knew that this wasn't an issue with FRD. I'm hoping that other users may have encountered this problem and might have an idea how to resolve it.

I'd thought that with dynamic IP assignment, shutting down the computer overnight would keep the machine from from resuming the previous IP address. Perhaps the router resumed the same IP address when it was rebooted? How long would I have to shut it down to get a re-assigned IP address (typically)? Can it be forced?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login