WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

download breaks

Posted by antifanatic 
download breaks
April 07, 2010 06:41PM
Hi,

I have been using FreeRapid downloader for quite some time, yesterday I downloaded the latest version and I find it bahaving somewhat strangely.
Sometimes my net connection just snaps momentarily/becomes very slow and the earlier version will show download speed as 0 kbps and the average speed count will keep on decreasing and within a certain timout limit as the connection will be re-established/speed increases the downlod will again resume.

But it's not happening in tha latest version which i downloaded.

I was downloading from "rapidshare" and "uploading" and suddenly the download speed became 0 i waited for some time and then i paused and resumed the file for "uploading" link and it started the normal download again but the rapidshare download was still showing the speed as 0 and after sometime it said time out .

the same happened with "hotfile" link I paused and resumed "uploading" link and it started getting decent speed of 100kB/s while the "hotfile" link timed out.

also kindly tell me from where can I get older version of FreeRapid Downloader ?
Re: download breaks
April 07, 2010 06:52PM
You cannot resume/restart downloads from most services, and FRD can't do anything with this. It's a limitation from the service itself.

Using an old version of FRD is not a very good idea, because you won't get plugin updates.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login