WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hulu.com plugin

Posted by ntoskrnl 
Hulu.com plugin
August 18, 2010 05:02AM
Yesterday I released a new plugin for the well-known US video site Hulu. [en.wikipedia.org] This was made possible by the new features in FreeRapid 0.85 concerning the protocol RTMP.

The plugin is utterly complex due to client-side obfuscation and encryption, but as usual, client-side restrictions are simply flawed, and while it did take a month to make the plugin, it works now!

So, grab 0.85alpha and rip your favorite TV shows off that site! [wordrider.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2010 08:55AM by ntoskrnl.
Re: Hulu.com plugin
August 18, 2010 06:19AM
...and FreeRapid Downloader is the only one downloader capable of doing it!

-------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2010 08:56AM by ntoskrnl.
September 03, 2010 05:14AM
To test, I went and grabbed a link off their home page. I got an error.

ERROR - RTMP error - IOException: An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file

Here's the link I grabbed: [www.hulu.com]

It says it will only be active for another two days, so hopefully you guys catch it before the link expires.

edit--
it turns out that was happening for all files. i disabled pre-allocation of files (a setting i normally keep enabled). that seems to have gotten it to work. but i haven't checked to see if this is exclusive to hulu or if it's a problem with the new alpha version in general.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2010 05:21AM by vbzJuL5C.
September 13, 2010 02:24PM
It's an issue with RTMP. More specifically, we haven't taken into consideration the fact that the exact file size is not known when downloading an RTMP stream.

On other news; I just released a handful of new RTMP plugins for well-known sites: ArdMediathek.de, BBC.co.uk, CBS.com, NBC.com, RTE.ie. Please test them thoroughly and report any issues! I may not have been able to fully test them due to regional restrictions.
September 13, 2010 02:29PM
I created an issue for it
[bugtracker.wordrider.net]

-------------------------------------

December 28, 2010 07:18PM
How do you get this plugin to work? I have the latest version of FreeRapid and have updated my plugins at launch today. When I submit a Hulu URL for a show page, I get the error below and the console also spews out HTML for a Hulu web page. How do I determine the appropriate URL to submit to download an episode of a show? I tried the full URL of the show page including the material after #, then shortened to remove the '#', and finally shortening to just the show number after "/watch/". None of these work.

cz.vity.freerapid.plugins.exceptions.PluginImplementationException: No string between '"content_id", "' and '"' was found - attempt 1
	at cz.vity.freerapid.plugins.webclient.utils.PlugUtils.getStringBetween(Unknown Source)
	at cz.vity.freerapid.plugins.webclient.utils.PlugUtils.getStringBetween(Unknown Source)
	at cz.vity.freerapid.plugins.services.hulu.HuluFileRunner.run(Unknown Source)
	at cz.vity.freerapid.plugins.webclient.AbstractFileShareService.run(Unknown Source)
	at cz.vity.freerapid.core.tasks.DownloadTask.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
	at cz.vity.freerapid.core.tasks.DownloadTask.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:278)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
	at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:317)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
December 29, 2010 12:01PM
The plugin is probably broken. Please wait until we fix it.
December 29, 2010 06:42PM
ntoskrnl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The plugin is probably broken. Please wait until
> we fix it.

Was this because Hulu "pulled the rug out" from under the plugin (changed something on their end)? Or was the plugin never fully working to begin with?

Will it be a simple and quick fix, or will it take a long time to correct?

Thanks in advance
December 29, 2010 07:32PM
They changed something on their site; it's quite common, not necessarily due to our plugin.

Fixing may or may not take long. Tough to say as there are less than a handful of plugin developers, and we haven't yet had the time to check what the issue might be. Not to mention the fact that none of us are from the US so we have to fiddle around with proxies.
January 03, 2011 11:57AM
Please try plugin v1.0.8, it should work again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login