WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why would FreeRapid fail to connect with a legit URL?

Posted by kenwinston 
Why would FreeRapid fail to connect with a legit URL?
October 26, 2010 09:38PM
Am experiencing a problem with FreeRapid with a couple file storage services -- one, in particular, is Uploading.com.

For instance, when I input the following URL in FreeRapid (v .83):

Language: HTML
http://uploading.com/files/ee3963e3/Jamie_Smart_-_Secrets_of_Hypnosis_4_DVDs_feedthebrain.net.part04.rar/

FreeRapid gives me this message:

"ERROR - Problem with connection to service. Cannot find requested page content."

However, when I use that same URL into my browser, it seems to take me directly to the download page of the file I am seeking (with no redirects or any other interferance that could be confusing FreeRapid.). Any idea why FreeRapid doesn't get me there?

What do I need to do to get FreeRapid to connect directly with the true download page?

I ran into the same problem with RapidShare when the download URL had "download" in the URL. That was easy to fix. As I saw, after trying that URL in my browser that it actually was a redirect. So I let it redirect and then copied the URL to which it redirected and FreeRapid picked it up and was able to use it. In another case with RapidShare, the URL I had was to a particular directory that held all the files I needed. FreeRapid didn't seem to like the directory URL. And I couldn't figure out how to input all the individual URLS of the contents of the directory in a manner that FreeRapid liked.

Neither of those issues, though, seem to be in play with the Uploading.com URL above.

And since I'm trying to pull down a a dozen large files in that series, would love to get FreeRapid handling it for me automatically.

Advice?

Thanks,
ken

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2010 09:40PM by kenwinston.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login