WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Netload.in - ERROR - Download link not found

Posted by medwyn 
Re: Netload.in - ERROR - Download link not found
May 21, 2011 08:09PM
Indeed, it does not work. Would you please fix it? netload.in is a very popular service, if its plugin is not working it will impact many people. I've attached a log of an unsuccessful download in case you need it.
Attachments:
open | download - app.log (23 KB)
May 29, 2011 07:37AM
It is very hard to bear when such a popular service as netload doesn't work. About a half of my downloads are on netload.in. Maybe you need some help to fix the plugin? If I can provide it, I will.
June 10, 2011 08:27AM
According to [wordrider.net] the authors of the netload.in plugin are Lukiz+JPEXS+tonyk. Are they aware that the plugin isn't working? I mean, it's been over a month and still absolutely no response from anyone. Hard to believe that a widely used servise like that is completely unsupported...
June 10, 2011 09:58AM
The plugin is ancient and needs to be rewritten. There are no active plugin developers to do it. We just don't have enough free time.
June 10, 2011 10:17AM
Well, considering that in another filesharing downloader I know (USD) the plugin for netload hadn't stopped working, I believe that the changes on netload side were very minor and thus the FRD plugin only needs a minor fix, if you have the source, that is. Could you please take a look? After all, like other people mentioned it's a major service. These days it's on par with filesonic and fileserve, and certainly more popular than rapidshare and megaupload.

Thanks in advance.
June 17, 2011 09:08AM
OK, here is the plugin that works. Disregarding the time to find a tool for editing .class files, it took me about half an hour to find the error and fix it, without having the source files. Probably would've been a two minute job if I had the source and java compiler installed.
Attachments:
open | download - netloadin.frp (34.5 KB)
June 17, 2011 09:35AM
The newest version of the plugin should fix the issue.

(This problem wouldn't have appeared had the plugin been written properly in the first place, and as I don't have time to rewrite it at the moment, it might break in the future too.)
June 17, 2011 10:15AM
ntoskrnl
This problem wouldn't have appeared had the plugin been written properly in the first place
True enough, but couldn't you sacrifice several minutes of your precious time by issuing a quick fix to the plugin when so many users were pleading for a solution?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login