WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Soundcloud not working?

Posted by NicolasVega 
Soundcloud not working?
January 28, 2011 01:16PM
hi, i tried to download some files from soundcloud but i keep getting "file name not found" error. what should a sc link look like to download correctly?

i tried "http://soundcloud.com/farace/disco-decay-felguk-remix-farace-reedit", then tried to add "/download" at the end. both of these shows "TESTING" but after while both results in "file name not found"error. is the plugin working?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2011 01:17PM by NicolasVega.
Re: Soundcloud not working?
January 28, 2011 01:47PM
Plugin v1.0.3 should fix this.
January 28, 2011 04:03PM
wow, so fast! thanks man, now it works!

just one more thing, would it be possible to support links with "/download" at the end as well?

(i'm a begginer java programmer, so i think it should be easy to just trim the link, but i'm not good enough to modify the plugin by myself..)

edit: i downloaded few files, but on some links i still get the same error
(for instance this one: [soundcloud.com])

edit2: frd downloads a 128kbps version instead of a linked 320kbps file (seems like it "rips" it from the stream file instead of downloading the original, linked file)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2011 05:35PM by NicolasVega.
February 14, 2011 05:54PM
please could someone answer at least to let me know if i'm doing some mistake or the plugin doesn't work well?
March 21, 2011 04:47PM
Does the "/download" trick work for every link? And yes, FRD downloads the stream currently, because when the plugin was made, we didn't know about "/download".
April 02, 2011 11:41AM
No, links with "/download" doesn't seem to work at all.

I would really appreciate if this plugin was fixed (I tried to fix it by myself but I'm still too lame..)
April 02, 2011 12:02PM
Could you post a couple of links where the trick works and where it doesn't.
August 23, 2011 05:24PM
Hello, I'm taking this topic up not to clutter.
I can't download from this service, I get FRD to recognize the copy input ( it's [soundcloud.com] by the way) but it says "Error - file name not found".
If I input a ".mp3" in the end (let's say [soundcloud.com]) it goes "Error - file is not available anymore".

FRD 0.85u1 (565) - Plugin 1.0.3

Thanks for your help, I know it used to work because I actually (and happily) used that some time ago. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2011 05:25PM by teorouge.
August 24, 2011 04:38PM
I just updated soundcloud plugins, version is 1.02 (did you roll back?), very same errors.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login