Posted by Gwil 
itv.com plugin not working
March 27, 2011 12:44PM
itv.com plugin

FRD VERSION - 0.85u1 build 566
Plugin version 1.0.3

Immediately says COMPLETED when it tries to download and leaves a 0 byte file
Example link used: [www.itv.com]

This part of the app.log might be useful..
27-Mar-2011 13:32:46 cz.vity.freerapid.plugins.services.rtmp.WriterStatus logFinalVideoDuration
WARNING: video duration is null

Thanks
Re: itv.com plugin not working
March 30, 2011 04:27PM
I can't test it because I'm not in the UK, but I did some changes; please try plugin v1.0.4.

Also, could you possibly test other UK-only video site plugins? These would be BBC.co.uk, Channel4.com and RTE.ie.
March 30, 2011 08:13PM
Thanks for the update, unfortunately it's not working although the error is now "ERROR - 'Video' tag not found in playlist".

Channel 4's 4oD does the same as ITV was doing with the 1.0.3 plugin; saying COMPLETED but leaving a 0 byte file.

BBC and RTE work fine though!

I've attached the app.log file in case it helps.

Thanks for your hard work with this, it's much appreciated!

Gwil
Attachments:
open | download - app.log (12 KB)
March 30, 2011 08:32PM
There was a small mistake in ITV v1.0.4, please try v1.0.5.

And "RTMP type 9 not supported" (for Channel4 i guess?) is very bad, because type 9 has not been reversed yet as far as I know. I will investigate it on the weekend.
March 31, 2011 11:32AM
Slightly different error: "ERROR - Play name not found in playlist"
I've attached the app.log i that helps.
I think you might be right about Channel 4, it could be the same issue with ITV I suppose.
Attachments:
open | download - app.log (3.6 KB)
April 02, 2011 08:49AM
Unfortunately I can't fix it "blind", I'm going to need a UK proxy or something.
July 26, 2011 01:36AM
hello there. your plugin was currently the only way to download the media from channel 4. i would like to help you get a proxy and wondered if you were still about to try and update this plugin. many thanks
July 30, 2011 01:49PM
Currently most video providers are using RTMP type 8, the handshake of which hasn't been reverse-engineered yet. Hence I cannot fix any such plugins at the moment.
August 03, 2011 10:35AM
I have added support for the new handshake (it's type 9, not 8) in the RTMP plugin. If you'd still like to help me with the proxy, I'd appreciate it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login