WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Many plugins not being recognized...help! (SOLVED!)

Posted by dt4eva58 
Many plugins not being recognized...help! (SOLVED!)
June 03, 2011 05:56PM
Hello everyone!

I've been using FreeRapid Downloader for a long time now and really enjoy this fantastic piece of software. Thanks for the hard work put into creating a very useful app!

Unfortunately, I've recently started to experience a problem with many of the plugins. I'm currently using version 0.85u1 and updated the plugins (automatically) today (June 3rd). There were a whopping 225 plugin updates according to the app. WOW!

After the update process completed, I was able to find the new (and updated) plugin files inside FreeRapid's "plugins" folder. However, when viewing the list of installed/active plugins on the "Options/Preferences/Plugins" screen within the app, only the following plugins are listed:

cramit.in
data.hu
depositfiles.com
edisk.cz
enterupload.com
file-rack.com
file2box.com
fileshare.in.ua
filesonic.com_premium
hellshare.com
leteckaposta.cz
load.to
mimima.com
oron.com_premium
RapidShare.com
savefile.com
sdilej.to
sharebee.com
shareplace.com
stream.cz
titulky.com

1. Why are so many plugins missing even though they can be seen inside FR's "plugins" folder?
2. Why does FR continuously indicate that 225 plugin updates are needed (when manually checking) even though I've already downloaded and updated the same plugins numerous times?
3. What could be causing this problem that's NOT related to my setup? I haven't changed any settings (inside FR) for a LONG time and also haven't made any changes to my operating system.

I'm running a Windows 7 Home Premium x64 system and haven't had any issues until recently. FreeRapid has always been a dependable app for me - until now. :(

Please ... HELP!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer. Once again, I love the app!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2011 07:05PM by dt4eva58.
Re: Many plugins not being recognized...help!
June 03, 2011 06:35PM
Is FRD running from Program Files? If so, please move it elsewhere, as modifying files in that folder required admin permissions.
Re: Many plugins not being recognized...help!
June 03, 2011 06:39PM
Hi!

I just ran across the same error and found out that the culprit is strangely corrupted ifolder.ru plugin (ver. 1.0.11). This erroneous plugin causes almost all others plugins to be not correctly recognized.

Fortunately the cure for this issue until it'll get fixed by developers is quite easy - just delete the file ifolfer.frp from the plugins folder in your FreeRapid install folder and do not update it again until a new fixed version.

I hope this will help someone smiling smiley

With regards

Tom

(UPDATE: The new version of the plugin (1.0.12) is out and it fixed the error - so run the plugins update again and everything should be OK again smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2011 06:43PM by tnovak.
Re: Many plugins not being recognized...help! (SOLVED!)
June 03, 2011 07:04PM
Thanks to everyone who replied and helped resolve this issue! I'm happy to report that ALL the plugins are active once again.

@ntoskrnl - I do not run FRD from the Program Files folder. The app's folder is located in a different directory to avoid the problem you mentioned. Thanks for bringing it up, though.

Thanks again!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login