WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HULU not working for more than 1 week

Posted by melial 
HULU not working for more than 1 week
June 07, 2011 01:20AM
Hello, I really enjoy the HULU plugin, but it hasn't been working for me for the past week or so.

I'm using Freerapid Downloader 0.85u1 #566 using HULU plugin 1.0.8.

[www.hulu.com]
[www.hulu.com]
[www.hulu.com]
[www.hulu.com]

I don't believe these are HULU plus videos, but I always get: ERROR cannot download from service. I think sometimes I get a timed out error also, but I can't reproduce that right now.

Thanks
Re: HULU not working for more than 1 week
June 07, 2011 10:10AM
Hulu and most other video sites recently started using "type 9" of the RTMP protocol. This was a smart move on their part, as no software exists (excepting their own flash player) that can playback streams using this protocol. Alas, I have no skills for reverse engineering C++ code, and hence I need to wait until somebody else manages it. I've been eagerly waiting for the developers of rtmpdump to do it, but it hasn't happened yet.
August 01, 2011 08:11AM
not trying to sound impatient, but is there any sort of eta for this plugin or another program out there that works with the current hulu? Too bad i don't know much about this stuff, but i really appreciate the plugins!
August 01, 2011 08:56AM
Hmm, rtmpdump now seems to support the type 9 handshake. I'll implement it in our RTMP plugin as soon as possible, and then move on to fix the actual video site plugins. Unfortunately I cannot promise any kind of ETA.
August 03, 2011 10:31AM
I have added support for handshake type 9 and fixed the Hulu plugin now. I can only test the videos that are available internationally, so please do some further testing and report back.
August 09, 2011 05:19AM
Hey, thank you very much for the work you put into it! I was able to get a regular HULU show no problems. It downloaded in less than a minute too.

HULU - Traffic Light Pilot

Unfortunately it looks like the other links I posted earlier are now H+ only, but thats no problem.

Thank again!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login