WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

no-auto-reconnect-sucks-BIG-TIME

Posted by noautoconnectsucks 
no-auto-reconnect-sucks-BIG-TIME
August 03, 2009 05:44AM
I don't understand why doesn't the developer add an option to reconnect the modem after
download is done to avoid rapidshare 15 min time limit!! There are so many similar request
on the forum yet the developer doesn't heed nor does he explain why such a feature cannot be
implemented in FRD. This really sucks as I really liked the app on the first look only to find out
that there is no reconnect feature.

i created this forum account only to post this message to know why this feature cannot be
implemented when he can create such a useful and small footprint app? vity??
Re: no-auto-reconnect-sucks-BIG-TIME
August 03, 2009 05:58AM
blablablabla grinning smiley

-------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2009 05:58AM by Vity.
August 03, 2009 06:47AM
A simple reply answering my question would have suffice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2009 06:49AM by noautoconnectsucks.
August 06, 2009 04:10AM
To noautoconnectsucks:
how do you expect to auto reconnect to perform? trigger modem to disconnect and re-connect?
or trigger your windows to disconnect and re-connect?

do you aware there are thousands of modem in the market? each setting and API is different.
do you aware that FRD not only for single platform OS but multiple platform OS and each OS API for internet access is totally different?

you are sound like expecting to use a single remote control for all kinds of electronic items at home such as your Air-Con, TV, Fan, radio, rice cooker hmm.. what else? perhaps microwave? , OR one single remote control for all brands of TV?.

i hope you get what i mean.
August 07, 2009 02:06AM
I am talking about general A/DSL modems that have dynamic IP. A simple option to use a batch script or
shell script (on linux/mac) after download on getting 15 min wait timer containg something like this would suffice

------------
WINDOWS XP/ VISTA
%systemroot%\system32\rasdial.exe "ADSL Broadband" /disconnect
%systemroot%\system32\ping.exe -n 30 127.0.0.1 >nul
%systemroot%\system32\rasdial.exe "ADSL Broadband" "USERNAME" "PASSWD"

LINUX
sudo poff && sleep 30 && sudo pon dsl-providers

---------------

Many downloader have such feature like CRYPTLOAD, @#$%&. You can add this fuctionality
to SLIMRAT if you know little Perl:)

But the developer didn't reply politely instead I felt insulted by his reply. I switched to @#$%& as
CRYPTLOAD seems little buggy & is heavily depended on .NET.

This FRD app is good but its not worth waiting 15 mins every hour the whole night as I usually download 100mb files @ rapidshare on 256kbps

PS: I got a reply form ""VITY"" and I am satisfied:)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2009 02:08AM by noautoconnectsucks.
August 07, 2009 08:20AM
i get your point. But do you notice, if you are downloading rapidshare , megaupload, or easy-share or others at the same time, once rapidshare download complete, and megaupload or other still downloading,
When you disconnect your modem and reconnect, that will affect the rest of the download. I assume it wait until the rest download completed. Again, prehaps rapidshare has finished 15 mins counting and start downloading.

my experience, try to get the download link more than 1 server, for example, rapidshare and megaload. each downlaod a different volume of split file, that may help to increase your download time, of cause if the web provide alternative link.
August 07, 2009 08:52AM
I like this explanation smiling smiley. Even you wait for other files to finish downloading, previous link can be usable again.

klynix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i get your point. But do you notice, if you are
> downloading rapidshare , megaupload, or easy-share
> or others at the same time, once rapidshare
> download complete, and megaupload or other still
> downloading,
> When you disconnect your modem and reconnect, that
> will affect the rest of the download. I assume it
> wait until the rest download completed. Again,
> prehaps rapidshare has finished 15 mins counting
> and start downloading.
>
> my experience, try to get the download link more
> than 1 server, for example, rapidshare and
> megaload. each downlaod a different volume of
> split file, that may help to increase your
> download time, of cause if the web provide
> alternative link.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2009 09:06AM by Vity.
August 07, 2009 12:54PM
klynix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... if you are
> downloading rapidshare , megaupload, or easy-share
> or others at the same time, once rapidshare
> download complete, and megaupload or other still
> downloading ...
> ... my experience, try to get the download link more
> than 1 server ...

Yes, this is a nice (and obvious) suggestion but at least in my case (and I believe others too) it is not applicable.

The files I am downloading are in most cases on a single download service. Only rarely I download files from different services. I am not a hyper-downloader. I download only carefully selected files.

I do not believe that it is difficult to implement calling a script from FRD after finishing a download.
August 07, 2009 01:04PM
it's difficult because of the other downloading files.

August 08, 2009 03:48AM
well, nowadays, i believe most of internet users having their computer turn on for 24 hours. what so hurry to have your file to be complete in short time? after all, you will get what you want anyway.

If the link has down, try for others. Google conquer about 70% of internet search engine world wide, i don't believe that there is nothing that you cannot find over the net.

make noise to those who you pay for. Give them a hard time because their pay cheque came from you. charging hundreds of dollars but still deliver software with bugs is the unacceptable. Still, you need to pay extra for so call "maintenance", eventually you just pay for them to fix their software bugs, which they not yet discover or not being solved.
compare to free software, which one you should piss off with??

Appreciate and thanks to people who contribute free services to us. not pin point their weaknesses or put on blame on them.
i would say, if you not satisfy, why not do something to prove your right? or involve part of it for better improvement? or looking for alternative choice? well, it is just a matter of choice after all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login