WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

no-auto-reconnect-sucks-BIG-TIME

Posted by noautoconnectsucks 
Re: no-auto-reconnect-sucks-BIG-TIME
August 08, 2009 04:48AM
What you say is truewinking smiley But many people still have slow download speed like myself & what the above
user "pabouk" said. A simple option for those who are not on "HYPERSPEED" connection is reasonable ain' it??

Also Vity supports your reason. But you have to be practical not every one downloads multiple files simultaneously.

&&
> well, nowadays, i believe most of internet users having their computer turn on for 24 hours.
> what so hurry to have your file to be complete in short time? after all, you will get what you want anyway.

its nice to know someone who is not in a hurrythumbs up smiley

On 32 KBps I am always in a hurry. It takes an hour to get 100MB file. The more time I can utilized the better.
Moreover I am not in a position to say what features FRD should have... it is VITY's app!!

I AM NOT BLAMING ANY ONE!! NOBODY'S BLAMING ANYONE. ALL GUYS WHO WANT SUCH A FEATURE
IN "FRD" ARE SAYING VITY IS NOT LISTENING. THIS FEATURE IS REQUESTED FOR A LONG TIME FROM
FORUM GUYS LIKE ANK... THERE IS ALSO A THREAD IN THIS FORUM WHERE MANY GUYS HAVE
ASKED FOR THIS FEATURE

SOME LINKS

[wordrider.net]
[wordrider.net]
[wordrider.net]
[wordrider.net]

WE CAN END THIS THREAD HERE BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL POSTER (HEY THAT'S ME)
HAS SWITCHED TO @#$%&thumbs up smiley & VITY SAYS
IT IS DIFFICULT TO IMPLEMENT BECAUSE OF OTHER FILES WHICH ARE BEING DOWNLOADED.
SO THERE IS NO REASON FOR THIS THREAD TO CONTINUE

IT ENDS HEREyawning smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2009 05:14AM by noautoconnectsucks.
August 08, 2009 05:19AM
This is the PM Vity sent me...

You have to understand some basic points:
- I made FRD for me and my friends. It's only my good will that you can use it.
- I am making FRD in my free time, which is very limited. I have regular job, other hobbies then programming, friends and girlfriend. I usually sleep 5 hours/day...
- It takes a lot of time to answer to all users and maintain such big project with 500 000 of users. Plugin fixing takes some time.
- Sometimes I am bored to answer to people same questions again and again...
- There is no profit from FRD. Donations cover web traffic and web hosting + drinks for plugin developers.
- Some requested features have not a priority for me, since I don't need them. I don't say that I don't plan to implement them, but it will take some time.
- If you will use "wrong words" on this forum you will be banned.
- If you don't like it, don't use it.

-Vity

> - If you don't like it, don't use it.

I DON'T LIKE IT, I WON'T USE IT
August 08, 2009 08:23AM
Or he can start to study Java and help me with programming.

-------------------------------------

August 08, 2009 01:15PM
Vity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it's difficult because of the other downloading files.

Ok, the condition for calling the script should be more complicated:
a download has finished and no other (non-resumable) download is active

klynix Wrote:
> ... make noise to those who you pay for. Give them a hard time because their pay cheque came from you....

I did not want to criticize the project and be ungrateful. I just thought that it is a pity that such a great software is missing a simple function which has been asked by many people. I noticed this in the forum and unfortunately I did not find a reasonable answer to the requests.

I am really thankful that this useful software exists and I hope I will contribute to it by more than merely talking in the forum and hunting bugs in latest versions. In the past I already contributed to several free software projects.
August 08, 2009 01:31PM
Much more people were asking for a speed limiter and now is almost complete... You have to be simply patient. I am able to use Java to create anything I want.
I cannot do everything at once, since I don't have the necessary time and resources. There is also many implementation details you cannot see. More features also mean more dependencies to other components => more testing, more work for translators, maintaining the whole thing.

-------------------------------------

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2009 04:06PM by Vity.
August 08, 2009 05:35PM
blablablablagrinning smiley

JUST KIDDING VITY!! BUT IT WAS LAME ON YOUR PART T O TELL ME TO LEARN A NEW PROGRAMMING
LANGUAGE JUST TO SUPPORT YOUR ARGUMENT!!!

But yes I am thinking to modify SLIMRAT to suit my personal needssmileys with beer
August 15, 2009 05:14PM
I agree with noautoconnectsucks. I am looking to use FreeRapid but I have to walk away since It doesn't have auto reconnect.

For now what I need from FreeRapid is just scheduling of events.
I should be able to configure a trigger (run a application, a script) on events like before download or after.
I can set to run a reconnect script on such event and my problem is solved.
I don't need to make simultaneous downloads.

Please check @#$%& which supports reconnect and if other downloads are running on other services than rapidshare then just postpones the reconnect.
August 15, 2009 11:53PM
heck i really don`t understand all this fuss about this feature
All that auto-reconnect does is providing a new ip after the download is finished, with a proxy list you get a new ip whenever you want.
The problem is slow speed? just set the simultaneous download to 1.
After the default connection finish to dowload, the proxed one kicks in and you have the same result of a reconnect, after that the default is ready again.

Also it`s just easy to implement if a standard modem is used, otherwise it requires a lot of work to make it compatible with all the various models of routers ect
Not to mention that getting disconnected can be very annoying, maybe you`re chatting/downloading other stuff/gaming/doing anything that require a connection...

As a fact @#$%& too is working to implement a proxy list (with just a small selection of proxies usable, since is such a potentially powerful abusable feature)
September 08, 2009 04:47PM
Hi Fellas,

This is my first post in this forum and first I'd like to commend Vity on a brilliant application. Great job! Plugins make FRD supreme among common downloaders. I came looking if a feature commonly called "Auto-reconnect" is under development in FRD. I found this thread which is very illuminative in this regard.

For those who have high speed internet (and no hurry in the world), I'd like to inform you that there are still a lot of people (like me) who have only 256 - 512 Kbps connections along with dynamic IP's. We almost always download files only one at a time. When downloading from Rapidshare free, that wait period can be a real waste of precious time. So, I manually reset my modem every now and then. But this cannot be done when FRD is actively downloading files while I am asleep. winking smiley

I believe that "@noautoconnectsucks" request is valid (though he/she could have been much more polite in his first post) and this feature should be in the TODO list. However, in the meantime, I have noticed a strange phenomenon lately which might be useful in this context :

Let's say I use FRD to download a file of size 200 MB from Rapidshare free. The next file queued will be asked to wait about 20 min. When this happens and the second file is in "Waiting" mode, I right click the file after about 5 min (~15 min remaining) and click Resume. This forces a retry of the file and Surprise! : The next wait time received by FRD is 1-2 min (depending on the file size). Now if only we can use this occurrence to implement a "Force Recheck every X minutes" option in FRD, it would be a good workaround to the Modem reset issue (reducing the wait time significantly). Maybe someone else has tried this and can provide info about exactly how soon can the download be retried.

What are your thoughts on this ? Implementable ?
September 09, 2009 02:59PM
alextorex Wrote:
> I agree with noautoconnectsucks. I am looking to
> use FreeRapid but I have to walk away since It
> doesn't have auto reconnect.
>
> For now what I need from FreeRapid is just
> scheduling of events.
> I should be able to configure a trigger (run a
> application, a script) on events like before
> download or after.
> I can set to run a reconnect script on such event
> and my problem is solved.
> I don't need to make simultaneous downloads.
>
> Please check @#$%& which supports reconnect
> and if other downloads are running on other
> services than rapidshare then just postpones the
> reconnect.

I agree. cool smiley

pabouk Wrote:
> Vity Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > it's difficult because of the other downloading
> files.
>
> Ok, the condition for calling the script should be
> more complicated:
> a download has finished and no other
> (non-resumable) download is active

Could you implement a simple function that call a .bat or .exe created by the users to reconect after each download, and let them decide when use it or not , at least, please ? eye rolling smiley

Thanks for share your software Vity ! smileys with beer

Best regards.

miky
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login