WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Options

Posted by Maxx 
Options
February 17, 2010 07:25AM
Hello, a new user here. Just started using the program today and so far I am impressed. I've used a LOT of program downloaders and this one is fairly nice. I do have a few things I'd like changed or added however.

I did a forum search and came up empty on these topics, so if they have already been covered, feel free to delete this post.

1/ Ability to remove columns in the download window.
I really don't care about the average speed or the connection. The progress bar and the completion columns are basically the same item.

I'd really like to see an option where we could check off the columns we wish to appear in our window. Since I may need one of the above noted columns at some future date, I don't want them to be permanently unavailable. A checklist which shows the entire column listing with checkboxes beside them would be perfect!

The second request - and maybe I just haven't set it up right, but the Manual didn't show me anything different, unless I missed it.

2/ Have the program auto-start downloading once it picks up a URL from the clipboard.
It should just automatically insert the links it into the program list and start to download them automatically. I have no reason to change the download storage folder for each file, so this is an unnecessary delay imho. Have it so that the small 'Insert URL window' doesn't ever appear; the links just copy themselves to the program and auto-start downloading.

We should still have the option to manually click Add URL from the Files menu, just that it shouldn't be required when we are copying links. This could be made as an option, users could choose how they wish their downloads to work, either Manually or Auto-Start.

The last one is the MOST important one imo and would improve the program greatly.

Thanks very much!
Re: Options
February 17, 2010 08:03AM
ad 1/ Click on small icon in the top right corner of the main table , you will understand the rest...

ad 2/ This won't be possible from many reasons
Links are validated in this window. Links get destination folder. If it fails from many reasons user is informed...
Secondly it would be difficult to implement it.

-------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2010 08:03AM by Vity.
February 17, 2010 08:18AM
1/ Fantastic! Thanks, I completely overlooked that small icon, I was looking in the Options/Preferences area.

2/ Really? That's unfortunate that it can't be easily implemented. I know several of the other file downloaders allow auto-insertion and auto-start. I believe you can see how it would be faster and easier? What if by choosing this option you would no longer be able to validate a link? So if the link is dead, you find out on the main download window afterward. When I am tagging 20, 30 or more links in a row that is a lot of clicking back and forth, which would be nice to be able to avoid.

Personally I found this ability to auto-insert and start a fantastic idea in some of the other programs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2010 08:19AM by Maxx.
February 17, 2010 08:22AM
FRD is not a regular downloader, it requires and checks more things.
It's easier for user to use the dialog. I think you don't paste 30 links 4x a day...

-------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2010 08:22AM by Vity.
February 17, 2010 08:32AM
Alright, I will give it a fair trial and see how I end up liking it compared to any others. Once you get used to something, it is a bit difficult to change sometimes. But I won't let that cloud my decision. You do have some VERY nice features on here and it is a nice small install file. cool smiley
February 17, 2010 11:06AM
Maxx Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I am tagging 20,
> 30 or more links in a row that is a lot of
> clicking back and forth, which would be nice to be
> able to avoid.

You can add several links at the same time, you don't have to click "OK" on the dialog after every link. smiling smiley
vj
April 14, 2010 08:09PM
Hi, Vity, and the others,

I´d like to ask you,if there is any option, how to easy download once downloaded files(s) again.

I downloaded some files, then I lost them, (fortunately, I´ve got them still in the FRD "yet downloaded list") and now, I need to download them again.

I think, it would be nice, if I could do it, for example, by clicking right button of the mouse on the file, and chose "download again". Or, if in the upper menu, there would be somewhere button, or something so in the submenu, called "download again chosen fles".

Now, I see the best way, how to dwnl. the files again, in clicking on them, copying theirs links (into the notepad, e. g.), then deleting these files, from the FRD dwnl. files history, copying the links from the notepad and adding them into the FRD, to be downloaded again.

If you now some better/easier way, how to solve my problem, please, let me know it.

THX. in advance to all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login