WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Better Proxylist support

Posted by shawn8888 
Better Proxylist support
June 08, 2010 06:20PM
The most wonderful thing about FRD is the proxylist support! While I rely on it more and more, I think it can be better. Here are some suggestions:

1. If I modify the proxylist file or change the settings, it seems require a restart to take effect. Sometimes it is inconvenient because there are files downloading and if stops they can not resume for free user. It would be nice to reload the proxylist whenever changes are made.

2. When a proxy in the list is dead, FRD doesn’t mark it and still tries to use it. When you have a lot of dead proxies in the list, it becomes a nightmare because each dead costs a failure and 2 minutes to retry by default.
Is it possible to put a flag for the proxy if it fails for more than 3 times? Maybe just put a [DEAD] prefix for each line on the proxylist file, so when we check the file again, we know what’s dead and we can get rid of them.

3. Because some proxies are fast and some are slow, and FRD does calculate the average speed for each download. Is it possible to write the speed to the proxylist, so we can later get rid of the slow ones and keep the fast ones.

Again, thank you for the wonderful tool and please make the proxylist feature even better!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2010 06:21PM by shawn8888.
Re: Better Proxylist support
June 19, 2010 09:38PM
I just today found this app and immediately saw people have put some effort into this piece of software, it all worked out of the box, so great work guys! smiling bouncing smiley

I was actually thinking along exactly the same lines as shawn here with proxy features. Maybe even rotate the list as time goes, some proxys dies, other change in speed, keep the ones alive higher up in the list, sorted by speed from last download. And adding prefixes into the list would be great aswell, with speed/number of failed downloads/dead etc, so we can weed the bad ones out.
Maybe some of this is already done, in that case, sorry and again smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login