Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Using freerapid-plugins without main application

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Using freerapid-plugins without main application
June 23, 2010 05:31PM
Hello,

Just wanna ask if its possible to use freerapid-plugins without main application. I mean if there is some test application that would just download one link from any of the supported plugins.

something like wget for sharing sites would be really nice and simple and possibly could get you larger userbase, for fixing plugins, because people will use app in their scripts. I'm just beginnner in java and I'm trying to do such an app from your svn but the plugin architecture looks pretty complicated for me and also looks like its embeeded into main app.
Can you point me somehow where to start, and also if its possible without large effort ? Oh i see there is also the captcha thing but maybe it can be solved using graphics popup window.

Really, really thanks for such a great app !!

(justinsane) # freerapid-get "http://www.mediafire.com/?dngdgmwmnze"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2010 05:34PM by justinsane.
Re: Using freerapid-plugins without main application
June 23, 2010 05:39PM
No, it's not possible.

-------------------------------------

Anonymous User
June 23, 2010 05:51PM
Wow, It looks like you are really close minded even when developing open source software.
I think you've never heard of nothing is impossible. Could you at least explain what's missing or better what needs to be done ?
June 23, 2010 06:01PM
FRD is a GUI application, not a command line tool.

-------------------------------------

Anonymous User
June 23, 2010 06:11PM
I think he's right. you should at least properly answer his question.
I would also be interesting in using freerapid-plugins in my own application. As far I can see freerapid-plugins are independent of main app (dependent only on plugin api - webclient and exceptions) so there should easy way to include this into third party application or a command line tool (with optional GUI).

I think you should start with PluginsManager.java to see how the plugins are used in the main app.

Have a nice day
Anonymous User
June 23, 2010 06:27PM
Hi metyl,

Thanks for your reply, I'm not planning to develop my own application, If I'll have some time maybe a simple command line tool to download links via freerapid-plugins. But looking into freerapid-sources there is little or no documentation at all about the classes or architecture of program. I'm really dissappointed by the main developer attitude to such a idea. Currently I'm trying to find another opensource app which will have such a broad download sites support but It looks not very well.

Anyone have some links to alternative download manager with integrated API for RAD and good plugin base ?

Best Regards
Anonymous User
June 24, 2010 08:26AM
I recommend you the J d o w n l o a d e r, see features www.J d o w n l o a d e r.org/home/features

Its open source, also in java, and there are more developers involved than in FRD (Maybe you will get more frendly attitude than from FRD developers). There should be so many plugins as in FRD. Also most missing features from FRD are already implemented.

BR.

PS. This forum is filtering all links to this alternative downloader J D O W N L O A D E R . O R G . Looks like Vity is scared by better product than FRD....

metyl

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2010 08:31AM by metyl.
June 30, 2010 07:10AM
Now now, Mr Anonymous. Screaming around isn't going to help the fact that there are exactly ZERO developers for the main FreeRapid application at the moment. No matter how much you shout or whine or show your anger, it's not going to magically give you a new version with features you want.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login