Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Redundant cycle.

Posted by brazoayeye 
Redundant cycle.
August 06, 2010 04:38PM
Hi,

sorry for my bad english.

I use frd a lot, and i noticed (looking the shell in wich i launched the java) that there are lots of useless actions.

When i put lots of links (and it happen, like 3000) i can't read the output in the shell and the program take 100% of the cpu.

It doesn't happen if I use less files in the queue....

I think that the problem exist because the status of the downloads (even of the last files, that will be downloaded day after) are updated continuosly.

So, if it's difficoult to fix this problem, i suggest to make a status where files are not checked (and so they don't take CPU). When 10 downloads finish 10 files are defreezed (it could be that files are picked up from a file).

Is it possible to automatically delete from the list file completely downloaded?

Thanks vity&Team!!
Re: Redundant cycle.
August 06, 2010 05:47PM
It's because the list is saved to a file every 10 seconds (as otherwise it may be lost due to improper closing of the program). FRD isn't designed to handle thousands of links.

> Is it possible to automatically delete from the list file completely downloaded?
Options > Preferences > General tab > set "Remove completed downloads" to "Immediately"
August 06, 2010 06:27PM
can't I change that time?

I have a 1300Mhz and it's not so usable..
August 06, 2010 06:31PM
PS: i can't see General tab in settings (i'm using 0.85 alpha2)
August 06, 2010 06:35PM
PPS: Which not essential processes uses lots of cpu? If i increse the time to 30 s will it works better?

There are some deletable feature? And any increseable time?
August 06, 2010 06:42PM
the CPU is taken by GUI not by saving file

-------------------------------------

August 06, 2010 07:01PM
does the program work headless?

And why with lots of files it works worse?
August 06, 2010 07:05PM
and there are a way to impede that files exit from the download queue (if the proxy gives an error the file become red and the program try to download anoter file using the same proxy. So if I have a bad proxy in my list it stops all my queue and i must select all and click to resume (after i deleted the bad proxy))
August 06, 2010 07:07PM
> And why with lots of files it works worse?
because there are filters, sorting your 3000 links every second + painting the data

-------------------------------------

August 06, 2010 07:09PM
Vity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > And why with lots of files it works worse?
> because there are filters, sorting your 3000 links
> every second + painting the data

I selected no filters (do you mean the sorting filter?).

So is there a way to increse the time between two refresh (for example to 10 seconds?)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login