WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

longer, editable "Save To" list

Posted by Indi 
longer, editable "Save To" list
January 08, 2011 08:23PM
For those of use who try to keep some order to a great variety of downloads in a big queue, it would be handy to have a longer list of "Save To" folders for download links...maybe 10 folders...that could be edited and ordered as the user wishes. If there was a config tab for it in Settings, there could be a field for the user to indicate how many items they want in the list and the editable list itself.

I've hunted without luck through config files for some sort of setting limiting the number of items in the drop-down list. Is there any way for a user to change this?

I've manually edited "lastUsedSavedPaths" in FRD.xml a few times to get my favorite folder paths back on the drop-down list (after messing it up with browsing to another folder) but six folders just isn't enough to cover all the type of files that get queued up...and browsing through a disk farm for the folders gets tedious...especially when many of the drives are sleeping and you have to wait for them all to spin up each time you browse.

I use some other work arounds, but they all involve having to deal with files multiple times (like sorting & moving files from catch-all folders)..especially annoying when you end up with multiple groups of 2Gig/20 part files that need to be moved to various folders on other drives...WAY more activity on the drives that could be entirely avoided with more user-defined folder paths in the SaveTo list.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2011 08:29PM by Indi.
Re: longer, editable "Save To" list
January 08, 2011 08:52PM
>>how many items they want in the list
edit startup.properties file in FRD folder
add this line

-DmaxRecentPhrasesCount=30

-------------------------------------

January 08, 2011 09:44PM
Thanks for fast reply...the hack is VERY handy for me.

To make this thread thorough...Is the limit of items in the list 30?
January 08, 2011 09:45PM
no, the value is up to you

-------------------------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login