WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bugs

Posted by calmari 
Bugs
November 23, 2011 06:43PM
Hello there,

My name is Carlos Mariano and first of all I would like to give you my congratulations for the amazing work you have been done.

Also I’m writing to ask for your help.

I’m doing an assignment about open source software, and I have chosen this one.
So I’m writing to ask for your permeation to use this software to this propose.

The assignment is basically interacting with this community, by giving an idea for your project or find a bug in your software (one thing that is coning to be impossible because I don’t have any kind of experience in programming, and also because I don’t think that there is something wrong with it) and make a presentation about it, where I’m going to show how I’ve interact with this community and what were your reply to my ideas.

Beside of my ideas you don’t have to agree with them, or in any way put them in practice, there are just suggestions.

After the presentation I will have to do an assignment about this software. I think this is going to be useful for you too because I will have to present this assignment at my university, creating a big opportunity for advertising your software.

I’ve been looking for a bug in your software, and unfortunately for me I haven’t discovered anything.

So I’m writing to suggest a few things. One is if it is possible for you to add on your software something that could make same kind of historic record about the download we’ve made. Like exists in utorrent, same thing that allows you to consult the amount of GB you’ve downloaded in a period of time. Another thing, is making available the help file in English.

I hope you allow me to expose your software in this way, and helping me with this assignment,

Thank you in advanced for your help and for creating this great software.

I ask for your help and all the people who comes to this forum.
Re: Bugs
November 23, 2011 07:33PM
Yes, you can freely use FreeRapid for your assignment and presentation.

If you have any questions, we will happily answer.
November 24, 2011 06:23PM
Hello ntoskrnl,

Thank you for your permission, it is going to be great o use your software on my assignment. I really appreciate that.

Do you think that is possible to add on something that could make some kind of historic record about the download we’ve made. Like exists in utorrent, some thing that allows you to consult the amount of GB you’ve downloaded in a period of time.
Limited downloads is not a big issue but a think it would be useful to control how much we download.

And if it is no to much to ask, the help file in English, there can be much things that we can use and we probably don't know that it is possible.

Thank you very much for everything.
November 24, 2011 06:31PM
Download statistics is on our TODO list:
[wordrider.net]

If you want to know a sum of bytes of downloaded files then go to Download History
- Ctrl+H then select file size column, press Ctrl+A , Ctrl+C, open MS Excel and paste copied data

Help file in English:
[translate.google.com]

You can create a new help file into our Wiki. FRD is an open source software winking smiley.

-------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2011 06:31PM by Vity.
December 07, 2011 10:43PM
Hello Vity,

Thanks for your answer.
I will follow your advise, Why not help a little bit in this project of yours, that I use frequently!!!
So can you please tell me were do I have to post, or send the translated help file.
I will do the translate as soon as possible, but I can tell you that it will be ready before Christmas.
Before I post it I will send it to you first so you can see how it turns out, and to see if you approve the translation.

Thank you very much for your's and for all the other members help in this project of mine.
Keep up the good work.

Kindly Regards,

Carlos Mariano.
January 04, 2012 10:58PM
Hello Vity,

Happy new year,

I hope this year bring you much luck and many opportunities.
I know I should have delivered the help file for Christmas, but ...
Here it is, I translated to Portuguese and English.
I hope it's useful.

Kindly Regards,

Carlos Mariano
Attachments:
open | download - Guia do Usuário.docx (526.1 KB)
open | download - User Guide.docx (528.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login