WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

request: force download in "Insert new URL" pop-up window

Posted by arnie101 
request: force download in "Insert new URL" pop-up window
April 04, 2012 08:42AM
I often download sets of related files from filepost.com, which is one of the hosters who allows parallel downloads. I would like to have a button in the "Insert new URL" pop-up window which allows for marking each file/URL I am adding for a forced download. Otherwise I have to step through the list of newly added URL and mark it for a forced download, one URL after the other. Can't do it by marking a set of URL and applying the feature once, since that results in a lot of error messages. There has to be a slight delay between each. Thus a button in the above mentioned pop-up would come quite handy.
Re: request: force download in "Insert new URL" pop-up window
April 04, 2012 08:57AM
I think that would be a workaround for a problem that could be solved in a more elegant way. smiling smiley

What error messages do you get if you start the downloads at the same time? How long do you have to wait between starting the downloads?
April 04, 2012 11:43AM
the message I get for the bigger part of the set is "Cannot download from service" after applying "Force Download"
and unfortunately the URL just keep sitting as queued as normal, instead of starting. That seems to be recursive.

Normally( with no error) , with filepost.com I have to wait from 30 to 90 seconds

Just play around with this example. Apply "Force Download" to the whole set of 15 URLs and see what happens

[filepost.com]

What I would like to do is fire "Force Download" once and forget, until the mandatory spam filter requests input.
April 05, 2012 10:22AM
The site tells me to wait almost 4 hours after every download.
April 06, 2012 08:44AM
Thank you very much for paying attention to this request!

ntoskrnl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The site tells me to wait almost 4 hours after
> every download.

Congratulations, you just have discovered a powerful hidden feature of FRD cool smiley

Your statement is correct if you use a browser to download; there is no such wait time with FRD.

And to be sure filepost.com didn't change over night, I just have tested the given set of files once more: with "force download"
I can run 10 downloads in parallel, with the glitches I have described in my first entry.

The procedure for reproducing , once more:

1) copy complete set of URLs into FRD (15 in this case)

2) mark all URLs

3) apply command "Force download" to the marked set once

and see what happens. There will be some errors. Repeat step 2) and 3) for the ones which show errors until you have 10 downloads running in parallel.
April 06, 2012 12:06PM
Plugin v1.0.6 supports multiple simultaneous downloads without the use of "Force download". It waits 500 milliseconds between requests so as not to trigger the flood protection. Please report back whether it works.
April 06, 2012 02:38PM
Works, great!

and certainly a more elegant solution than my proposition.

Thank you very much!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login