WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pinning FreeRapid Downloader to Windows 7 Taskbar

Posted by Ebu 
Ebu
Pinning FreeRapid Downloader to Windows 7 Taskbar
July 16, 2010 01:11PM
If you use Windows 7 64-bit, it is not possible to pin FreeRapid Downloader to the taskbar - the pin option is missing in the context menu that appears after right-click on its icon.

I guess this is caused by the 32-bit bootstrapper application, which is not able to load 64-bit Java DLL's, so it starts a new process (javaw.exe) with appropriate parameters. But javaw.exe is just a host application that either will be pinned without required command line arguments or cannot be pinned at all (this depends on your system configuration).

So if you want to pin FreeRapid Downloader to your taskbar, it must be done another way. First create a new shortcut on your desktop and set its properties like this:

Target: "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -Xms32m -Xmx128m -jar "C:\FreeRapid\frd.jar"
Start in: "C:\FreeRapid"

Modify paths to correspond to folders where you have JRE and FreeRapid Downloader installed. You can also change an icon, the correct one can be found in frd.ico file. Now drag the shortcut, move it to your taskbar and drop it when 'Pin to Taskbar' message appears.

Then you can delete the shortcut from the desktop. FreeRapid Downloader will stay pinned on the taskbar.
Re: Pinning FreeRapid Downloader to Windows 7 Taskbar
November 10, 2010 05:28PM
I got to pin the icon in the taskbar in W7 X64 in a very easy way: start the program, right click on the icon in taskbar and "Pin to taskbar".
Now I always have a duplicate (three times, actually) icon as you can see in screenshot: the one on the left is the pinned one, which just launches the program; the one on the right is the actual instance (it goes away when I minimize to the application bar on the right, the small one); and I always have the small one on the right in the application bar. How is that working with your method? I'd like to know before messing things up.
Attachments:
open | download - Cattura.PNG (49.9 KB)
MJL
November 30, 2010 08:55PM
Dikes ... stacilo dat zastupce na plochu a az ten pripnout a je to v klidu uz...
February 02, 2012 11:14AM
How to combine the icon set on taskbar
February 02, 2012 01:13PM
FreeRapid Downloader 0.86u1 icons should combine together on the Windows 7 taskbar. Please make sure you have the latest version.
July 10, 2012 12:47PM
Hi

I use 64-bit Windows 7 with 64-bit Java. The latest FRD - 086u1. I've pinned frd.exe file to the taskbar.

Still, another icons appears on the taskbar after I run FRD.

What can I try to solve this problem?

TIA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login