WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

developing on PC (BASIC) send to TI

Posted by eegroove 
developing on PC (BASIC) send to TI
July 10, 2006 12:53AM
Hi,

First of all: Great work! I like this tool. I think, that Java is the right way for the future. It is "installed" to my Memory Stick now smiling smiley
I hope Memory on the TI will be no problem soon...

But I have another problem:
I need a tool to develop comfortable my programs for the TI-89. Do you know a program like the Ti-Graph-Link, only in good?
Maybe your Texteditor? But up to now it is not for Prgms, Funcs and Datas.
I am searching for a tool with:
- Syntax highlighting,
- autocompleting
- structured functiolist of TI-BASIC-Commands (and parameters)
- errors and warnings should be shown too, but I think thats to much...

Is there anything for Eclipse? I don't know Eclipse very much. Is there maybe a context-sensitive TI89-BASIC-Editor for Eclipse?

thank you
Ernst

PS: sorry for this Pidgin-Englisch, I'm german.

Re: developing on PC (BASIC) send to TI
July 10, 2006 08:10AM
Hi.
Thank you for your nice words winking smiley. I think the same about Java language too.
The program you are looking for is TI-Edit.
Unfortunately the application is not finished yet and it has a limited support of functions (same as WordRider winking smiley). On the other hand it's much better than TI-Graph Link.

There is nothing written for Eclipse (at least what I know). Don't you start to create something? smiling smiley

Vity

-------------------------------------

July 10, 2006 04:02PM
Hi,
this Ti-Edit looks great, too. Thank you very much!
It's a pity that this tool has no emulator like TI-Flash-Studio.

You will hit me if I tell you that I use Eclipse only for writing php- and little Java-Scrips. I'm no realy programmer. But Eclipse for the TI-89 could be great.

One tiny question: Why is Texas not able to do this job? I was searching really long. And the Windows 3.1 Graph Link tool is a horror and do not work with the USB cable.

Yours sincerely
Ernst

July 11, 2006 07:57AM
>>Why is Texas not able to do this job? I was searching really long. And the Windows 3.1 Graph Link tool is a horror and do not work with the USB cable.

The Texas instruments is a hardware company and they simply save costs smiling smiley.
The TI Graph Link is very old, same as TI89. That's why they created TI Connect.

Vity

-------------------------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login