WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FRD will NOT Open

Posted by bbacle 
FRD will NOT Open
September 10, 2014 01:23AM
I have attempted to uninstall, reinstall, and run fixes on java to get Free Rapid Downloader to work, but all to no avail.
I went to the CMD prompt and typed in "frd.exe --debug" but received nothing back.
I then typed in frd.bat and received the following 3 errors:

frd.bat when run in cmd mode:

Error: opening registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment'

Error: could not find java.dll

Error: Could not find Java SE Runtime Environment

I have been having problems with Java, but the FRD ran find until I decided to try and update it (which didn't happen because Java update is definitely broken).
I then tried to uninstall all of Java versions and reinstalling, but lo and behold, that really screwed things up and nothing that uses Java would work.
I was finally able to get the Java Control Panel applet working again, after much frustration, but the FRD and some other programs that use Java on my computer refuse to work now.

Can anyone help me with this?
I have tried every known solution that Google came up with, all to no avail.
Re: FRD will NOT Open
September 10, 2014 09:06AM
Try to do following:
0. Restart your computer (to release all blocked files...)
1. Remove folder "Java" from c:\program files and/or Program Files (x86)
2. Run regedit, delete branch HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Sofware\Javasoft and HKEY_CURRENT_USER_MACHINE\Sofware\Javasoft
3. Download Offline installation of JRE from [www.oracle.com] (jre-8u20-windows-i586.exe)
4. Install JRE
5. Run FRD

-------------------------------------

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2014 09:08AM by Vity.
Re: FRD will NOT Open
September 10, 2014 06:14PM
I have followed your steps precisely, but still no joy.
When I attempt to install the new Java or older ones (32 bit), the hour glass shows for a few seconds, then goes away, and nothing is installed.
When I open Control Panel, it shows Java there, but when I click on it, it tells me that there is no application found.
I have tried to install JRE 8.20, 7.67, 7.25, 7.10,6.27,6.26 all with the same results.
The only way I have found to get the Java in the Control Panel to work is to install the 64 bit Java, but then FRD does NOT work.
I have disabled my firewall and my antivirus and still can NOT get this to work.
Any other suggestions???

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with 8 GBs of memory.

BTW...I have another hard drive that I also put Windows 7 on just to do gaming, and the FRD works fine there, and it has JRE6 32 bit on it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login