WordRider Home
How to check the actual video format before the video is downloaded
August 26, 2015 10:00AM
Ive just started to use FreeRapid Downloader ( V 0.9u4 ) on my Windows 10 computer .

I can set multiple youtube downloads ( download one at a time ) and the download format is not shown until the download actually starts , its only then I can see that the video is actually in the .mv4 format and is DRM Protected , that I don't want , the actual youtube video web page does not show the video format , only the size.

so if I set say 5 youtube videos to be downloaded while I'm asleep , when I later check the downloads its only then I can see that some videos were in fact in the .mv4 format .

Can any one please tell me if there's a way to check the actual video format before the video is downloaded ?

Thanks
Re: How to check the actual video format before the video is downloaded
August 26, 2015 04:01PM
Different videos have different formats available, so it's not possible to say for sure before the download is started.

However, you can set your format preferences in Options > Preferences > Plugins > YouTube > Options.
Re: How to check the actual video format before the video is downloaded
August 26, 2015 10:25PM
Also a relevant youtube wiki page: [en.wikipedia.org], especially "Comparison of YouTube media encoding options" part.

.m4v is DASH video.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login