WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Great tool but no CRC check

Posted by shawn8888 
Great tool but no CRC check
August 11, 2009 04:53PM
hi, Vity

I am a new user of FRD and I just moved from @#$%& because of the great feature - proxylist! However, because some of the proxies are not very stable, some of the downloaded files got corrupted when I extract them.

When I use @#$%&, it tells me if the file CRC OK or not after the job is completed. But FRD doesn't tell if it is crc OK or now, but only "completed".

So, it is possible to check the files integrity?
Re: Great tool but no CRC check
August 11, 2009 05:21PM
And where do you get the CRC file?

-------------------------------------

August 11, 2009 05:26PM
I don't know where @#$%& get the CRC information from. Maybe RS send the information in the header?

Please see the attached screenshot.
Attachments:
open | download - jd.PNG (105.6 KB)
August 11, 2009 06:14PM
Take a look at this screen:
[rapidshare.com]

Some of the links here do have MD5, but some don't. So, I guess when you save a file on RS, it does calculate MD5 and save it somewhere. When you try to download, it also send it to the client to allow you verify it. I guess that's how JD works.

BTW, JD is an open source project, maybe you can get some help from the code.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2009 06:16PM by shawn8888.
Attachments:
open | download - md5.PNG (58 KB)
August 11, 2009 06:16PM
You should probably change your internet provider, if you get corrupted files when downloading from rapidshare.

-------------------------------------

August 11, 2009 06:20PM
Dear Vity,
It's not because of my ISP. As I said, I use proxies to boost the download speed from RS. If I download directly, I don't have this corrupted files problem, but some proxies are slow and easy to have problems.

But that's not my point. My point is, it will be very nice to have this verify feature like JD does if RS does send the client each file's MD5 info.

Thanks!
August 11, 2009 10:58PM
BTW, when an RS file already exists on the hard drive and I choose "skip when exist" option. FRD still wait 60 seconds to connect to the host. I think this can be avoided.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login