WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Your IP address is already downloading a file.

Posted by Marius 
Your IP address is already downloading a file.
December 18, 2009 08:29PM
First, many thanks for a great program!

I've been using FreeRapid on Rapidshare for several weeks with great success.

I tried a few other programs that claimed to remove Rapidshare restrictions a year or two back but none of them worked, so I was amazed that FreeRapid worked just as it said.

But I've run into a persistent problem this past few weeks. Almost every rar archive I try to download has one or two individual files that give the message: ERROR - RapidShare error: Your IP address XXX.XXX.XXX is already downloading a file.

Of course, the archive's useless without the missing files.

I don't really understand how FreeRapid works, but I assumed it used some sort of proxy that changed periodically. But once I get this message from a file in FreeRapid, it doesn't matter how long I wait or how often I close and restart FreeRapid, I just get the same error message, or sometimes the: "Filestream is empty" error.

I've been trying to get three rar files for over two weeks now.

I can even dissconnect and reconnect my broadband so that I have a different IP (I check with IPAgent) and it makes no difference. I can try to download with Opera or Firefox and I still get the "Your IP address XXX.XXX.XXX is already downloading a file" message.

Yet I can go to Starbucks in the city and grab the file from their WiFi with my laptop. But it takes 2 or 3 hours for one 100 MB file so its not always practical.

Is there any way of forcing FreeRapid to change proxies (if that would be the solution).

Or do you know any other fix?

Whatever, thanks again for an amazing program! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Re: Your IP address is already downloading a file.
December 19, 2009 12:58PM
FRD does not remove any RapidShare limitations or use proxies (although you can use proxies if you want but you'll need to supply the list, see [wordrider.net]), it just acts as a clicking monkey for you.

If RS reports that your IP is already downloading a file, FRD can do nothing.

I think you might succeed with proxies, so check out the link. smiling smiley
Re: Your IP address is already downloading a file.
December 19, 2009 07:34PM
Many thanks for the reply!

I'm a little puzzled that "FRD does not remove any RapidShare limitations...", because before I started using FDR I could download only one big (50 MB +) Rapidshare file with Opera or Firefox and then it was weeks before I could download another. I'd just get a "you have reached your limit as a free user - upgrade to a Premium account" message over and over again.

Anyway, I got a friend to install FDR ths afternoon so I hope she can get the few files that prove troublesome for me.

Thanks again for the program! :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login