WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FRD with JRockit problem

Posted by 2e7ah 
FRD with JRockit problem
April 16, 2010 06:19PM
I have JRockit Java package (with java.exe in %path%), and problem launching FRD:

Launch4j: Application requires JRE 1.6

then it fires my browser for me to download JRE

So I made shortcut to launch frd.jar through JRockit java.exe and it works fine. But if I update plug-ins and restart same dialog shows and of course my browser is opened again

1. I dislike programs opening browser without my confirmation: Is there option I can disable this behavior?
2. I don't have problems with any java program so far, complaining about JRE requirement when I have JRockit: Can some workaround be considered in future FRD releases?
Re: FRD with JRockit problem
April 16, 2010 06:24PM
1. No. Read minimal requirements in readme.txt - Sun Java 6. You can use java -jar frd.jar directly.
2. I don't plan it, maybe it will become one product in the future , because Oracle bought Sun Microsystems.
"Following the finalization of the acquisition of Sun Microsystems, Oracle announced in its January 27, 2010, Strategy Update webcast that the best features of JRockit would be implemented in the Java 7 JVM." See [en.wikipedia.org]

-------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2010 06:26PM by Vity.
April 16, 2010 07:07PM
OK, your decision. I guess I'll need to remember not to press restart after plug-in update, which doesn't seem like big issue

As for Oracle in Sun, I share your thought - after all the world's most paid manager should somehow justify it sick salary
April 16, 2010 07:17PM
I checked the Launch4J settings and the URL is required. I cannot make a workaround for it.

-------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2010 07:17PM by Vity.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login