WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FreeRapid Downloader 0.85 alpha version

Posted by Vity 
Re: FreeRapid Downloader 0.85 alpha version
August 03, 2010 07:12AM
Yea, and Vity mentioned that you aren't using Sun Java, but OpenJDK.
vpa
August 03, 2010 09:19AM
to Vity: sorry, resize and change of order is possible, but it's not possible to remember it, save it. After restart, columns has original size.
August 03, 2010 12:17PM
hello,
I run under win7 x64, my computer and freerapid 0.85 alpha 2 runs for 4 days now, I copied some link to file on turbobit.net, icon of FRD started to blink as usually, but this time after i opened the window of program, the window of new task didnt show, also the interface in this window is unable to use, i mean i cant minimize, exit and enter the menu or any position on list, it only shows current speed and F9 for limiter isnt working, tried to go to other window and back but that didnt help (usually in 0.83 this was helping). I entered to task manager into applications and FRD process is running.
And what's interesting windows with code to wrote are still appearing. My version of JRE: 6u20
here's my log file [www.mediafire.com].

see ya.
August 03, 2010 12:21PM
smisnykolo: is CAPTCHA dialog activated? use alt+tab
vpa : confirmed, thanks for reporting, I will try to find some workaround...

-------------------------------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2010 02:00PM by Vity.
August 03, 2010 01:44PM
smisnykolo: Is the issue reproducible? If you are able to reproduce it, please tell us the steps.
ra
August 04, 2010 06:44AM
Thanks Vity and ntoskernel for this new alpha 2. It looks much improved over 83u1. The main aero ui feels definitely faster on my vintage Win 2003 server with 448MB RAM. However selecting entries in the history window is very slow (unfiltered list of 236 entries total). Is there anything I can do to improve it? How slow is it for other people with different PC?
August 04, 2010 07:00AM
ra: It's not slow for me. Can you please try another Look and Feel? (Options > Preferences > UI settings tab)
August 04, 2010 07:03AM
We didn't notice such slowness. Anyone else?

-------------------------------------

ra
August 04, 2010 08:59AM
ntoskrnl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ra: It's not slow for me. Can you please try
> another Look and Feel? (Options > Preferences > UI
> settings tab)

right, it isn't as slow with the windows look&feel, it's better.
but the windows look&feel looks so so: toolbar icons grayed out (except for "add URL") and progress column elements look blocky.
ra
August 04, 2010 11:39AM
ra Wrote:
> right, it isn't as slow with the windows
> look&feel, it's better.
> but the windows look&feel looks so so: toolbar
> icons grayed out (except for "add URL") and
> progress column elements look blocky.

Update: All is well. New progress elements look alright, they aren't blocky. Only the old elements (all completed) which came from the underlying 0.83u1 configuration look blocky with the windows look&feel. Also the grayed out icons have got colour now, after the first download with 0.85a2.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.