WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FreeRapid Downloader 0.85 alpha version

Posted by Vity 
Re: FreeRapid Downloader 0.85 alpha version
August 04, 2010 11:51AM
Did you make the recommended restart when applied a new LaF?

-------------------------------------

August 04, 2010 12:20PM
Vity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> smisnykolo: is CAPTCHA dialog activated? use
> alt+tab

ok, so it happened again, i wasnt doing anything on pc, just fixing my speakers, when icon of FRD blinked twice and stopped. window of FRD appeared on desktop but it was again inactive for any click. so i use alt+tab and there's insert captcha dialog, but I can't enter in it, I click on it and nothing is happening.
and also i've noticed something else, when i minimalized all windows with "show desktop" key. and i maximized browser or any other program i'm running now, first show's FRD window after that appears window of program i want to open.
August 05, 2010 04:22AM
I've already reported this to ntoskrnl directly (and then he to Vity), but I'd like to tell you all that there is a bug with the bandwidth limitation slider.

If you enable it and then set it beyond 255, it will "crash" the gui and it will never be shown (the splash will get stuck there and java/javaw will stay open, but no GUI).

The solutions (until next update) are to find the config\frd.xml and:
remove the reference to speed limits
or change the limits to <255
or delete it to restore to default
(possibly more, but I think that will suffice)
August 05, 2010 04:27AM
oops.
also, be sure to kill java/javaw before editing the xml and/or re-running FRD (otherwise, I think it will just exit and attempt to bring the missing gui into focus).

if you use the --portable switch (when launching or in the startup.properties), it's right in the congif folder.
if not, it should be in somewhere in your appdata folder under (IIRC) vitysoft.

another solution is to temporarily swap configs (use or don't use --portable), but you will lose all settings, history, and filelist until you swap back or fix the other.
August 05, 2010 04:50AM
damn it.
sorry for triple post.

got a new "bug"

[gyazo.com]

confirm goes off screen for mass amount of delete file confirm.
can only say yes by (blindly) hitting tab tab space

could you possibly change the dialog to a max of... about 10 files (or more complicated way of finding how many will fit on users resolution)? and then append a message like "and x other files" where x is the remaing amount not shown.

possibly showing a start and end file name so you know what the last file is at least.
August 05, 2010 05:22AM
tommytom: Thanks for reporting. We already fixed the problem with number 255 for alpha 3.
Ad a long dialog: I created an issue ticket for it: [bugtracker.wordrider.net]

August 05, 2010 05:40AM
No problem.
Suppose I should use the bugtracker from now on. I didn't realize it was there (don't frequent the forums/website much).

Only reason I posted here is ntoskrnl isn't on ATM and I just stumble upon the long dialog while posting the config fix.

Look forward to the new update.
Cheers.
August 05, 2010 07:25AM
tommytom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> got a new "bug"
>
> [gyazo.com].
> png
>
> confirm goes off screen for mass amount of delete
> file confirm.
> can only say yes by (blindly) hitting tab tab
> space
>
> could you possibly change the dialog to a max
> of... about 10 files (or more complicated way of
> finding how many will fit on users resolution)?
> and then append a message like "and x other files"
> where x is the remaing amount not shown.

Done in SVN, will be included in next release.
August 08, 2010 12:13PM
We decided to release next test version - 0.85alpha3.
ntoskrnl fixed a few important bugs + notice one big change: you don't need to restart after plugin updates at all!
See a complete list changes in file changes.txt or in the first post in this thread.

We are waiting for your experience with new features.

Release notes for version 0.85alpha3
Your table/column settings and window positions will be reset in this version because of new internal GUI framework.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2010 02:42PM by ntoskrnl.
August 10, 2010 09:43AM
používám jej už poměrně dlouho. dříve ve stable verzi a ted v dev. Je to první bug co jej používám

OS WIN 7 x64, Java 6 update 21, házelo mi to chybu msvcrt71.dll ale program normálně běžel.
knihovnu jsem podle návodu nainstaloval do potřebných složek, ale chybová hláška se zobrazovala pořád s odkazem na cestu kde knihovna chyběla/ ta samozřejmě byla v daném adresáři.

popis chyby:
> downloader při startu zobrazí splash screen ale potom jako když se nenačte skin, vše se rozhází a je zeleno bíle. Po najeti na některou z položek zčerná. viz přiloženy screenshot
Attachments:
open | download - screen.jpg (59.4 KB)
open | download - screen2.jpg (176.7 KB)
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.