WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hotfile not working or validating.

Posted by newtronbom 
Hotfile not working or validating.
March 10, 2010 05:14AM
I am running Win 7 Ultimate 64x (legit OS!!). I have freerapid vers 0.82.(updating to 0.83 now) and hotfile plugin vers 0.6.6. For near a week now, Hotfile has not worked at all. Others like rapidshare, storage and mega are still OK. Hotfile will not start or validate, but as you can see from the screen shots, the files - links are fine. Free rapid just says "unknown error" and zip all else. Has anyone else been having this bug? Is it fixable? I love freerapid and until now, it has worked flawlessly for me. Appreciate any help. I am in Thailand, though it can't be that, as I have d-loaded Hotfile on this same OS before. Stumped. thebom.

Update.
Am now using 0.83 and like the poster below, it's still not working. Wish it were otherwise.........

Live life to the max, don't mess with others!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2010 04:34AM by newtronbom.
Attachments:
open | download - hotfile 1.jpg (132 KB)
open | download - hotfile 2.jpg (105.7 KB)
Re: Hotfile not working or validating.
March 10, 2010 06:53AM
0.83u1 is a minimum for working hotfile plugin
see this page
[wordrider.net]

-------------------------------------

March 10, 2010 08:45AM
I'm having the same issue (though mine reports as a read error), latest version of both FRD and hotfile plugin. Looking at hotfile.com and downloading the file regularly, it looks like they've changed their download procedure. Seems like this might mean a plugin update is due.
March 10, 2010 11:54AM
HotFile shows a different page for different countries, which means lots of trouble for us.
March 10, 2010 01:11PM
That's not good. Any idea what method they're using for country locale/IP mapping and whether hotfile plugins could be created for country-specific 'pages'? That likely means FRD would need to know your country of origin in order to use the proper plugin or the user would have to download *only* their specific hotfile plugin. Like you said, lots of trouble.
March 10, 2010 06:01PM
No. We just cannot simply test it and develop it.

-------------------------------------

March 10, 2010 10:35PM
OK, I was able to download from hotfile.com again. I'm not sure this will solve your problem newtronbom, but worth a shot. I also don't know which step worked, if any, or if they worked as a combination or if the stars were just properly aligned.

1). Delete internet cache (I use Firefox, but doesn't matter)
2). Use Task Manager (Start > Run > taskmgr > Process tab) to 'End task' any unnecessary programs (if in doubt about a particular program, leave it running)
3). Temporarily disable any antivirus software
4). Copy your FRD file links to notepad or vi or whatever and save
5). Reboot your sytem [edit: and restart your AV software]
6). open FRD, open your saved links you created in step 4 and copy > start to FRD
7). Don't use a proxy list, just default, and test to see if you're getting proper downloads.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2010 01:12AM by terbium.
March 11, 2010 04:41AM
Thanks for the help and advice. Tried all the steps you mentioned, but still no go. Looks like I will have to stick to "firefox", which I also use. Cheers anyway.
March 11, 2010 05:24AM
Proxy's are another thing you can try, which might help with the country-specific nastiness of hotfile. I would choose US proxies from [proxy-list.org] (standard port, United States for country, type=anonymous - US for country isn't necessary though). Do this a few times to get more proxies. Copy /paste them to a .txt file (e.g. prox.txt), delete everything past the IP : PORT, save, open FRD > Options > Preferences > Connections and select additional proxy servers, navigate to your prox.txt, apply, begin download. More info here: [wordrider.net]

example prox.txt (IP : PORT):
10.10.3.4:80
10.10.5.6:8080
192.168.10.10:1056
etc. Hope this helps. If you have a lot of proxies in your prox.txt file (something I recommend since few of them work all the time), make sure and adjust your concurrent connections to something more appropriate for your list and bandwidth (same place in preferences).
March 11, 2010 06:04AM
terbium Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Proxy's are another thing you can try, which might
> help with the country-specific nastiness of
> hotfile. I would choose US proxies from
> [proxy-list.org]
> any&pc=any&ps=any (standard port, United States
> for country, type=anonymous - US for country isn't
> necessary though). Do this a few times to get more
> proxies. Copy /paste them to a .txt file (e.g.
> prox.txt), delete everything past the IP : PORT,
> save, open FRD > Options > Preferences >
> Connections and select additional proxy servers,
> navigate to your prox.txt, apply, begin download.
> More info here:
> [wordrider.net]
>
> example prox.txt (IP : PORT):
> 10.10.3.4:80
> 10.10.5.6:8080
> 192.168.10.10:1056
> etc. Hope this helps. If you have a lot of proxies
> in your prox.txt file (something I recommend since
> few of them work all the time), make sure and
> adjust your concurrent connections to something
> more appropriate for your list and bandwidth (same
> place in preferences).

Much appreciate the advice. Will give that a go. Have not used "Proxies" before - but how hard can it be........?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login