WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Tut]Scheduler for FreeRapid Downloader

Posted by wakkawalla 
Re: [Tut]Scheduler for FreeRapid Downloader
February 07, 2011 01:05PM
A different option if you lose internet connection spasmodically.... this will close FRD on loss of connection and restart when internet connection regained!

Why I have this set up...... the DSL box is in another room and the "owner" thinking they are saving electricity (I know - it's sad) turns off the power to DSL without question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My instructions are for Win 7 and I assume that similar can be done for previous Win OS

What you need to do is go to Event Viewer and look for Windows Logs/System - you are looking for an Source and Event ID for both when you last disconnected and reconnected to the internet.... best to disable internet and then re-enable after short time then go back to Event Viewer to check for the newest/latest Source and Event ID's

Basically on Win7 Event Viewer your looking for your Network Adapter/Controller and (in my case) Event ID 9 for connected and Event ID 4 for disconnection. Once you have these go to task schedule

To restart FRD on reconnection to internet

Create New - give the new task a name (like FRD - start)

Triggers - On an event
Basic - Log - System
Source - this is ur "Source"
Event ID - this is your "Event ID" for reconnected

Actions - Start a program (browse to where frd.exe is and select)

Conditions - ignore

Settings - check "Allow task to be run on demand"

If needed change the bottom drop down menu to "Do not start a new instance"

that will get frd running when connection is restored - what you have to ensure is all downloads are not paused etc...

To close FRD on disconnection of internet

You need to create a little bat file - open Notepad - copy and paste the text below without quotes(" ")

"TASKKILL /F /IM frd.exe"

save in the same folder as frd.exe with a name (like frdkill.bat ) >> test the bat file to make sure it works - open frd then double click frdkill.bat > frd should close

go back to Task Scheduler

Create New - give the new task a name (like FRD - kill)

Triggers - On an event
Basic - Log - System
Source - this is ur "Source"
Event ID - this is your "Event ID" for disconnection

Actions - Start a program (browse to where frdkill.bat is and select)

Conditions - ignore

Settings - check "Allow task to be run on demand"

If needed change the bottom drop down menu to "Do not start a new instance"

that will get close frd when connection is lost - again make sure all downloads are not paused etc...

That's it..... when connection is lost frd is closed then it's restarted when connection is restored

The only real issue is "captcha's" but nobody can yet resolve this problem but at least if you are downloading from non captcha sources ;) ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login